Consequences of Parental Alienation
Unfortunately, we see cases involving parental alienation and gatekeeping all the time. However many parents do not understand how their behaviors towards the other parent directly affect the children in the relationship. Nor do the parents usually understand that such behaviors weigh heavily in the decision to change custody from one parent to the other.
Parental Alienation Advice
Advice to all parents: figure it out.
- Get along for your children.
- You don’t have to like your ex-spouse, but that person is your children’s parent.
- Communicate important information regarding your children.
- Stop setting your ex-spouse up for failure – it hurts your children.
- TalkingParents.com is a free tool for co-parenting communication.